Friday 25 January 2013

This is Me... (poem)

This is Me...

If you peal away the concealer, the hair dye, and these super tight suck in pants.
You will find, the person I really am.

Because there lies...
A few grey hairs, stretch marks, and dark circles under my eyes.

If you was to remove this mask I wear, it would reveal the hidden truth...
Because beyond this strong exterior,
I feel pain, I cry, I hurt the same as you.

The happy, amazing life I live, along with a promising future,
Was built upon a past of tournament, child abuse and torture.

You see me as confident, happy, and full of positivity.
but you don't see the daily battles that I have with all my insecurities.

I love my life and the people in it and I'm the happiest I've ever been.
But of course I have flaws and make mistakes, that's what makes me a human being.

Before you lay judgment on another, remember, just like you, they have a story, secrets, and a past...
Nobody's perfect and everyone deserves the right to be loved and accepted for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment