Sunday 1 April 2012

We are TYLP!

So I've recently posted some published articles about The Youth Life Project and posted various TYLP related links. These of course had my input, but as with most press and PR, things get changed along the way. So I'd like to tell you all a bit more about TYLP in my own words...

Starting a charity was always something I had dreamt of doing, and it was always going to be in relation to helping young people. Not necessarily vulnerable young people as I believe, vulnerable or not, every young person is in need of support and positive guidance.
It was something I had planned on doing before I reached 40 years old. Being just 27 I still had a few years to go and found myself wondering if I'd ever have the confidence to actually do it? As it turned out, not long after that I was inspired to finally take charge and achieve my dream! This inspiration came from a number of places. There was the summer riots in the UK, that left many people feeling negative towards young people and losing hope in our youth.. This needed to change! There was  also the inspiration that came from a very close friend of mine.
 I'm sure we all have someone in our lives who we look up to... My friend's passion, drive and determination has always been inspiring to me. He has an energy that is contagious in such a way that it rubs off when you're around him. So much so, that when I was telling him about my dream of setting up a charity, all it took was for him to say "you should do it, you can do it" and I believed it. I believed I could do it, why not?
So I began putting all my plans and ideas into action and the more I believed in myself, the more I believed in what I was doing. The more I believed in what I was doing, the more passionate and determination went into it, and here we are..

The Youth Life Project.
A Swindon/Wilstshire based charity for youth aged 10-19 years old. TYLP is a unique charity in that as well as being here to provide support to young people and help them reach their full potential, building a better and brighter future not only for themselves but for the next generation of youth. We can also provide knowledge about current fashion, music, etc.... I mean, it's not every day you can pop down to your local charity and discuss the newest release of Nike SB sneakers. It's not every day you can find out about the newest hip hop mixtape release, or where to find more work from your favourite street artist.
Trainers, art & hip hop music ..Okay, so they're not things you'd usually associate with a charity BUT they are things (amongst others) that you'd associate with youths. So why not combine the two?

At TYLP we pride ourselves on being the whole package. We are here to help young people into work, we are here to raise awareness, help with social issues, promote positivity amongst the youth, help further education, confidence building, tackle bullying.. the list goes on, and on, and on...  This is because we are striving to be the charity that can help a young person with ANYTHING. Whether that be a chat about sports, or advice about STD's.
It is also current, cool and relevant... The whole package!

The individuals that help the run the Charity, are not only highly skilled at what they do..
  • A former youth mp
  •  charity workers
  • a school teacher
  • youth workers
  •  social workers
  • a soon to be Olympic torch carrier                            
 We also have members that are skilled in other areas.
  • .A former band member who now owns a record label
  •  a street artist
  • an MC
  • and not forgetting our very own 'TYLP Guru' (we call him this because he is an amazing source for all the latest fashion, music, and art information) .

We are not your average charity!

We are The Youth Life Project and we want to make a BIG difference so, spread the word!! Share our pages, visit or websites, write about us, contact us, follow us, you can even donate via our website if you wanted. Whatever you do just believe in us and everything we want to achieve.

TYLP baby!

peace and love.


Like The Youth Life Project Facebook
Visit Our official website
Contact danielletylp@gmail.com
Donate TYLP Donations                 
Follow @TYLP_Swindon

No comments:

Post a Comment